Thursday, April 10, 2008

Porky porky?

YI QI steamboat, Federal Hotel ; the name that gives me such headache justnow. For a while I thought that that i've consumed loads of pork when i went there!

I've been there for more than 4 times there and suddenly a friend told me that it's a Non-Halal Restaurant. I mean, just imagine how many kilos of pork has already been in me? Gosh..She (my friend) said that she called up the hotel to make reservatio
n and the receptionist informed her that it's not Halal and that it's not suitable for Muslim. And she also found a web that said that they serve pork there!

I remembered the last time i went there with Ted, Isis, Taj and Faril, after we burped like for bazillion times, i asked them, "Eh, rest ni halal ke tak ek?"

and Isis look at me with that look that says, "Duhh..ko telan berbakul baru nk tanya???? Kalu x halal xkan le kitorg mkn kat sini~"

And i took her words (well..the look actually) and ate the dessert (The yummy Durian pie) like a hungry horse.


I sat on my chair, thinking what should i do, Do i have to 'samak' my tounge? or gargle my mouth? I see pigs flying all around me!

I felt so disappointed abt the place..I felt like writing to The Star.

Then i decided that Yi Qi owes me an explanation!

I browsed on the net, finding for Yi Qi's contact number. After
calling Federal Hotel a couple of times, I finally manage to get through the line. This time i demand for the Restaurant's floor manager.

Me: Hello, is this Yi Qi Restaurant?
The Manager (TM): Yes, How may i help you?
Me: I have an inquiry (well..actually a LOT!), is your restaurant a halal one?
TM: I'm sorry, we are not a Halal restaurant.
Me: So, your serve pork and everything there is it?
TM: No, This restaurant is pork free, but we do serve wine and beer.
Me: Oh, ic. What about your food? Are they pork free? I mean, really really pork free-Nothing is made of pork or lard or any part that's made of pig?

TM: Yes.
Me: Your chicken and duck and beef, are they like..slaughtered by Muslim (Itik gantung sume i tamau!)?
TM: Yes, they are slaughtered by Muslim and we own certificate to prove it
Me: Alright then, TQ

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ I am pork free afta all. Miscommunication isn't just bad thing, it's one of
the biggest thing that could ruin your life. Let say if i didn't even bother to make that call, I think i'll be swimming in mud and gargle them in my mouth to 'samak' myself.. And so Yi Qi, wait for me this weekend~


How could they slaughter this cute of an animal? *winks*


2 comments:

artisticklytouch said...

haiyoooo makan babi katanya

hei, buduh! ko pun dah nak jadi laki ko, paranoid tak tentu hala!

kaedahnya nak samak mulut, lidah segala bagai..sekolah mana dulu? tak amek pendidikan islam eh masa SPM?

kalau dah termakan tuh nak wat camane..it is ok kalau kita tak tahu tapi kena jelas, tak tahu or buat-buat tak tahu...kejilah uols neh.

mesti uols call dengan nada kekwat kans...

Anonymous said...

hahhahaaa..hanjeng kan ko ni. takan le aku betui2 nak kumur ngn lumpur plak, itu drama die la pukahhh! LOL
lagion, biorla i paranoid pun..kalu husband2 paranoid kan baguih begitu..serasi bersama kaedahnya kannnnnns???? matilaaaaaaaaa~ at least i tak gargle ngn erni ok!!! OPSSSSS