Monday, March 30, 2009

Opposite Attract??

Today is adding up to the 3rd day of me coaching the 30 kids on choral speaking.

Oh, you must be confused by now.

Well, last Thursday me n my SBE mate, K has been approached by one of the school teacher to help her with the school's choral speaking members. At first we thought we would just be giving simple observations and then throw some ideas to make it more exciting.

HOWEVER, when we got there, she handed all the tasks including the pronunciation, enunciation, gestures and intonation to moi and K. I mean, the reason of why ME and K there was to help her and not being taken advantage for! But since we didn't want to take it to the bone, we took that as a challenge for us to learn more about the children through the 30 kids.

As today ended, we could see that these children come from various different backgrounds. Some of them are the school teachers' kids, some are government servants' kids but most of them are the village fishermen's kids. As far as I concern, they have no problem to communicate with each other but many of them are the disruptive type whom i know a responsibility of the teachers to shape them to become the disciplined ones.

I tried to become their friends; make jokes and laugh with them. And there were time when they stepped out of the rules i automatically became the "sir" of their life. These kids has the potential to make jokes on their friends, but they manage to control it since my first rule is 1. NO NAME CALLINGS (some of the pupils were calling their friends pondan, etc..)

I'll finish my SBE this Friday, but I hope my present brings them an inspiration to become a better person and a better human being. Oh, not to forget, a stylish person (Some of the Makcik Canteen has proposed me to marry their daughther, BLEY???????).

LOL~ pening kepala ngajar bebudak nih!~

7 comments:

Cikgu Wani Hamdan said...

stylish person?
haha..
its really u la cast..

ko ngajar kat ner?
cam sek. kampung jek..

Efarojie said...

haha thanks.

teachin at a skool sumwhere in northern part of malaysia

:P

hafizzuan said...

stylish..yes yes tu yg paling penting..hihi

Efarojie said...

hafizzuan: Yeap, the most important thing is to make sure that ur presence is acknowledged by ur pupils/students and ur such an eyecandy to them! :P

it's all about me said...

i guess u pretty patience as u have to handle all those 30 kids...
if u give the task to me... arghhh.. i'm sure i can't handle it at all...
maybe i'm not into it... hahaha...
i think u teachin in kedah... am i rite ???

hafizzuan said...

yeah..agreed!! teacher is like a role 'model' or role 'supermodel' to the students..hehe

Efarojie said...

Gc, rite? i read ur blog thru hafizzuan. welcome. if u know me, am a short-fuse-guy. but being with these kids, i became a different person. lol!

n no, am not yet a teacher. a trainee teacher. and m not in kedah tho..hehhee

hafizzuan: exactly3x